Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spreading Flowers




 
My hardworking husband was invited to a formal celebratory dinner to commend his (and his team's) efforts.  It was a very nice affair, and I am proud of all of them. My formal acts-of-kindness efforts have been minimal lately, though I do try to maintain a general attitude of gratitude at all times, so I was excited when I saw the beautiful centerpieces. I appreciated the privilege I live in and that there are certainly lots of people/places that could share in the appreciation.  So I first conspired with my table mates to "abscond" with our centerpiece. But one did not seem like enough (I have so many ways to spread my appreciation!) so I found out who the organizer of the event was (through the covert efforts of our willing server) and she gave me the go-ahead to take arrangements.  Cautionary note to those who wish to replicate my efforts: Do not assume that an empty tables mean that someone does not have their eyes on the bouquet. I was walking out with two bouquets in hand when, of all people, my spouse's boss' wife gave me a look.  After some awkward back-and-forth I realized that I had crossed her boundary (*gah*) She was kind about it all, but seriously, this is why I would never survive in the corporate world!
Slight embarrassment aside, I enjoyed sharing these beautiful bouquets with others who certainly deserved and appreciated them!

No comments:

Post a Comment