Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bring Extras - Fun For All At The Beach!

While I am not a huge fan of sun, sand, nor water, I still enjoy bringing my kids to our local beach. They make it fun for me!  The first few times we went, I was very ill prepared.  I naively assumed that beach towels, swimsuits and sunblock would be enough.  I neglected to bring any accouterments, even the simple ones like a shovel and a bucket!  We were lucky enough to find kind families who shared with us.  Now when we go, I make sure to pack extras so that we can feel free to share with our fellow beach-goers.  And the good thing about this one is that beyond the initial investment of buckets and shovels (which since the end of the season is coming, could be bought at a steep discount) there is no ongoing cost for this act of kindness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment