Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Support Goodwill

I believe that I am  a full circle supporter of Goodwill, Salvation Army and The Rescue Mission.  I think many folk support these wonderful organizations by donating their gently used items.  And how great is that? they help the environment by keeping useful objects out of the landfills or incinerators (and no pesky packaging!), they provide quality items at affordable prices to consumers AND the money raised goes to support their varied and worthy causes, it is the trifecta!  I am in the process of decluttering and organizing for my own sanity.  This has led to quite a few thrift store drop offs.  For the record, I am not partial to any particular store, each had different qualities that I appreciate (and would be happy to delineate if you are interested, but this blog is not the place), and I am not kidding when I say I know where each store is with in a 90 minute radius from my home. So, by dropping off my goods, I am supporting these stores by giving them inventory.  

However, as a recovering thrift store fiend, I typically have to take a look at the treasures I can bring home.   There is almost always something.  And the good news is, I am dropping off much more than I take home.  So while I drop off outgrown toys, clothes, baby items, books and the like, I bring home things that are more useful in my life  shelves, picture frames, children's books, clothes for my kids to grow in to, board games...and on and on. I kind of consider it the thrift store version of closing the recycling loop to make sure there is a demand for the products created.  

Another good deed that benefits me.  I am noticing a trend here...  

No comments:

Post a Comment