Monday, June 10, 2013

One hour for the girl scouts





This is one that I did awhile ago, and I hardly consider it a "kind deed" but none-the-less, I did share my time and knowledge.  An old friend of mine does lots of good work for her daughter's Girl Scout Troop. Periodically, we bump into each other in the community.  One day she asked me if I would be willing to do a session with the girls on American Sign Language (ASL).  I am not a particularly skilled individual in any particular area, but I do have a deep enough knowledge of this language that I felt I had a lot to offer for a very basic introduction. And I was honored to have been asked!


So it was a super fun, though short, evening teaching 15 young Girl Scouts some basics about ASL.  Side note, In preparing for this session, I learned that the founder of Girl Scouts was Deaf.  Additionally, my notion that this all comes around, this lovely Girl Scouts troop contributed to my St. Baldrick's fundraising efforts too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment